Thursday, May 13, 2010

Was My Grandpa Knocking?

It was 2001 or 2002 my junior or senior year of HS my grandpa had been living with us for about a year hospital bed and all due to cancer. Everything happened quick when he passed.

The viewing was a day before the funeral so after the viewing my sister, then about 10, stayed with my aunt that night. I had no choice but to go to work that night. I got home at around midnight. The house was silent. Sister gone. My dog asleep on my bed and mom and dad asleep in there bed. No TV or radio on. As soon as I get in my friend John calls my phone to tell me he just got back from vacation and heard about my grandpa. I go smoke a "cigar " with him outside (he'd called from my driveway) we sat and talked for what seemed like hours. I go back inside after alone.

I was a bit out of it so the first thing I did was make a plate of leftovers and go to my room. I started stuffing my face and was interrupted by repeated knocking on my door. I tried to say hold on! just a minute, but even while I was opening the door the knocks were still very loud and clear up to the point I realized no one was there. A feeling came over me quick that can't be described. Frozen and covered with goosebumps with my jaw dropped. I freaked and checked every room in the house. I had no what if to fall back on and no explanation. BTW my grandpa used to knock like that on my door to get a rise outta me. What you think?

Sent in by mik, Copyright 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment