Sunday, May 23, 2010

Incubus Attack?

My names Amie,I’m 18 from Worcester, England, UK.
This all started happening to me about 6 months ago. I was at my home in bed asleep then I woke up randomly in the middle of the night. I couldn’t move a muscle in my body or open my eyes. I was like paralyzed! Or all of my energy was drained from me. I was wide AWAKE, it wasn’t a dream or me imagining it.
I started to feel someone stroking my hair sitting on the edge of my bed near me. I couldn’t see anyone but I could just feel the presence. I then felt this really heavy weight/pressure on my chest almost like someone was sitting on me or pushing down on my chest. I wasn’t able to speak or move! The only thing I was able to do was breathe but that was a struggle because of the pressure on

http://www.trueghosttales.com

2 comments:

  1. Hello have you been able to find help Amie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read of this, more often than -any- other paranormal story related as first hand experience. There are a few scientific theories about this that really are quite convincing, all the symptoms, from the beginning paralysis (You will be immobile, but your fingers and toes, maybe tongue etc should have slight movement once you realize you are awake, focus on moving extremities, this will help jolt your body into a full waking mode)
    The basic theory from what I remember is that, after feeling paralized, humans can then experience a sense of presence, either at the foot of the bed, next to it, or just in the room. Then comes the crushing pressure on the chest, these symptoms always come together.

    What this is thought to be (From my own shady memory) Is that your body is in a deep rem sleep, your brain is not functioning as it does while you are awake, so any change in environment, even if this change is percieved in a dream, can then lead to the mind and body -FEELING- that these is some presence of "other" nearby, hence the tightened chest and sensation, though you are still caught in this deep sleeping phase which wont allow you to wake up and clarify, this confuses the brain, which summons this entity as this is the only logical thing it can do at this point.

    Bear in mind that these symptons can often be accompanied by sensory input such as voices, whispers, murmurers, other things we will generally attribute to an outside entity, but are simply our half sleeping brains projecting.

    I don't know which is more terrifying, the possibility of demonic beings interested in us, or that our own brains can betray us so thoroughly.. Anyway, Long post, maybe it helped you relax in some small way. (I wish a succubus would come stroke my hair )

    ReplyDelete