Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Uncle and the Devil

The story that I am about to tell you is very true... I am from Chile (South America) my mom's side of the family lives in Quillota (a city located in central Chile) and the people that live in this city are very superstitious because of all the supernatural events that have earned Quillota it's reputation.

My uncle was a young adult at that time and he was always looking for a good laugh and since he was not a believer he felt amused by what he heard, someone had told him that on the night of San Juan which is June 23 (which is the birthday of the name Juan, and we also believe that on the eve of san Juan the portals of the supernatural world open) if he sat down below a willow tree right at 12 holding a guitar the devil will help him play the guitar and that this would also be the good time to make a pact with the devil.

That night my uncle rode his bike to the farm where he worked (Quillota is also known as the city of agriculture, and almost all of my mom's family worked in this land) the farm was very dark and the only light was the moonlight, my uncle spotted one of the many willow trees in the land and sat down below the tree with a guitar just as the person had instructed him to do so, and as he told me he sat down and started to play with the strings in the guitar, laughing he yelled "come on devil help me!" He looked at his watch and it struck twelve, then he felt really cold, and just as he was about to leave he felt two freezing cold hands grab his, place them on the guitar and started to play perfect melody, my uncle stood up and he urinated and pooped himself, then as he was about to run, a tall (as tall as a house) figure of a man smiled at him, exposing his golden teeth.

My uncle told me this story and swore to me that it was true, he told me that we shouldn't play with the supernatural because it is very serious and it could harm anyone who dares to play with it's power, my uncle has never recovered from this experience and thanks to that night the restless spirits will not let him live his life in peace.

Deysi Aguilera, Copyright 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment