Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hold Your Breath in the Cemetery

So, my sister always used to tell me old passed down legends about ghosts and of course like everyone else I said " Yea okay like that would happen." Though some things did get to me. I have very good hearing, I'm able to hear whispers from a far distance and ear plugs don't work well at night because my hearing skyrockets. Other than hearing I'm an empath. Meaning I can feel or sense emotions, sometimes even read them off of people. So there's a bit about me so you understand where I'm coming from.

I'm about 15 now but this first story happened when I was 14. Me and a few friends were riding our bikes past the town cemetery. We were trying to find the oldest one. It was around 6 in the fall so night was closing in. My sister had told me always hold your breathe through a cemetery so a ghost can't steal it, and if it does look at it right in the eyes and it will disappear. So a little scared I held my breath, I only lasted a few minutes (like 2) at a time so I would take a huge breathe and hoped it wouldn't make a difference. My friends thought I was crazy. But not so much when it got to be 7 and pitch black. We had flash lights but its still creepy.

My one friend started to cough and choke. I had given up holding my breathe but I started when I saw here keel over. Me and my friend thought she had choked on air like maybe just breathed wrong. We tried the Heimlich maneuver. She regained her breathing but had fainted. We couldn't carry her because including here there were three of us. We called her parents said what had happened but they were 15 minutes away. We decided to wait for them. My other friend said to wake her up. I looked at her and said she was crazy if she could sleep here. But she was out like a light.

I watched over them and held my breath whenever I could remember. Only problem was I felt cold and it was 73 degrees out. No wind no rain. I couldn't see anything but I felt agony. Like someone was in pain. Soon I had my hearing put to the test as well. I listened closely to my surroundings, I wish I never had. "It's so cold, as cold as the dead my dear. If only I had your warm breath to ease the cold" maybe I was just imagining it but I heard my friend say this. I whipped around to see my fainted friend up staring at me. I went to hold my breath but she said " too late". I was startled and choked on the air I tried to breathe. I grabbed my friend and stared in her eyes. She instantly fainted again and I felt the cold pressure leave me. Not even three minutes later her parents pulled up. I woke my other friend and we got in the car, her father carried her and we left.

So please don't pretend you don't believe me. Remember this rime and tell your friends

Beware beware of my ghostly stare
for no ghost will glare at me
and my breathe will come out free
for if I breathe within a ghosts reach
and my skin turns white from peach
let my ghostly stare
know to beware
that my breathe is mine and not theirs to keep.

Sent in by Dee, Copyright 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment