Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Haunted Motel in West Virginia?

My name is Jim. In '89 my girlfriend and I were traveling back to Tampa Florida from Cleveland Ohio. In West Virginia we stopped at a Motel 6 to get some rest. After dinner and a couple of cold beers it was time for sleep. We turned the TV off to settle down for the night. After it became quiet we started hearing a party going on. We heard men and women laughing, glasses tinkling. The general din of many voices. It was very irritating. My girl says why don't I call the office and complain, I said no, I will ask them myself to keep it down, the kind of person I am.

If anyone has stayed in these kinds of motels they are usually two story rectangular buildings. Our room was in the very back. The only other rooms rented were in the front by the office. When I went to talk to "party" there was no one renting near us. No one above, side to side or on the other side of the motel. The closest renters were several doors away. I even walked by the other renters rooms and could hear nothing. We could only hear it in our room!

We feel asleep listening to the sound of men laughing, women giggling and toasts being made. I never felt so unnerved in my life. My girl was glued to me the rest of the night. Thanks for reading. More to come.

Sent in by James B. Dykes, Copyright 2010

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jim, thanks for the story. I am wondering how old that motel is. You never know what may have happened there in the past.

    ReplyDelete