Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Strange Music Box

I'm not sure if this is really a ghost story, but it is strange and is the only strange thing I have ever experienced.

This happened in the mid-90s when I was 25. I used to have this jewelry box/cabinet that also played music when you would wind it up. It was like a small cabinet, with a glass door on one side and 4 small drawers on the other side. The music would only play if you opened the bottom drawer and it had been wound up.

I lived alone at the time and I had the jewelry box sitting on top of a dresser drawers in my bedroom. I hadn't touched it or wound up the music mechanism in ages, it was pretty much just sitting there collecting dust.

Then, one night in the middle of the night, I was awoken by it playing all by itself. Needless to say, it freaked me out and I spent the rest of that night with all the lights and the TV turned on.

I have no idea what caused this. My grandmother had died earlier that year and I often wonder if it was her trying to contact me. I'm not 100% sure if I remember correctly, but I believe it was she that gave me that jewelry box.

Anyway, that's my story. Not particularly scary, but strange and I still wonder why it happened. Maybe there is some logical explanation, or maybe there wasn't, I have no idea.

Sent in by Cookies, Copyright 2010 TrueGhostTales.com

1 comment:

  1. That was a really weird thing to happen, it really makes you wonder what is out there doesnt it?

    ReplyDelete