Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Man Next Door

A few years ago, I was spending the night at my best friends place for most of the night we had just been watching movies, joking around and talking boys, like most teenagers.

It must of been around 12am when I decided to go out the front for a smoke, it was fairly cold and eerie, no cars had past the street the entire time I had been outside smoking, which I found odd considering she lived on a main road.

A few minutes had past and I had this strong urge to look to the side of me, focusing on the house next door. Leaning against the fence was an older man, must of been in his early 80's at least. He wasn't looking at me, all his attention was directed in front of him towards the road. He didn't seem to notice I was watching him.

Usually people would shrug this off and think nothing of it, but it being so late and nobody else being around and being the age he was I knew something wasn't right. As I studied him, I realized he had a faint gray mist around him, almost like little gray dots forming the mist, I realize how insane that sounds but it's the truth. I lost focus when the front door swung open, my friend wondering why I'd been taking so long. I pointed towards the fence and was about to say something but he was gone. Instead of just shrugging it off, thinking nothing of it, I asked her who lived next door and explained to her the man I had just seen. My friend had no reaction, her face just going a little whiter than usual. She then explained to me, the man who lived there had passed away 3 weeks before. It was just his wife living there now.

By Rhianna, Copyright 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment