Monday, May 17, 2010

Missing My Sister

My sister died on November 5, 2009 from a very long battle with Lupus and other related illnesses. I was with her the day before she was placed on life support, sitting on and near her bedside, trying to pass the time and not acknowledge her imminent passing. During our visit, my sister asked me (for a third time) to be sure to raise her daughter, should anything happen to her. I said of course, I will. I did not want to continue our conversation, because I did not want to face the possibility of her death. Looking back, I wish that I would have reassured her more.
The next day, she was placed on life support, as she could no longer breathe on her own. She was on life support for 7 days, and I stayed with her at her bedside each day. Thursday night, she had a procedure to

http://www.trueghosttales.com

No comments:

Post a Comment