Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Haunted by a Dark Figure

For as long as I can remember, I have had 'ghostly' encounters. They range from doors slamming, to objects levitating, to black shadows in my closet.

One particularly eerie experience happened one evening in the summer of 1999. I was 9 1/2 at this point and since it doesn't get dark until around 9 pm in the summer time, I was still outside playing with friends. My mother is a religious woman and had several of her friends over for a Bible Study, which was why I was hanging out with these particular friends.

The two girls, Kara, 13 and Samantha, 12, as well as my sister, Ayla, then 11, decided that we should all take a walk around the block; and I agreed. It was starting to get pretty dark (about 9:15 by this time), but we all stuck together, and since it was a trailer park it had a fence around the community, and street lamps at either end of the street, so we felt pretty safe. We started up the street, all giggling and chattering.

Somehow, when we were about half way to the end of the street, we all managed to glance up and see a tall, thin, dark figure step out from behind a trailer at the top of the street. It moved further into the light of the street lamp, far enough into it that we could see that it had no features. Just a straight up and down, head, arms and legs figure. Kind of like the 'pedestrian crossing' signs. We all just stopped and stared in disbelief, as it slowly, in extremely slow motion, ran into the light of the street lamp and moved across the street and out of our view beyond the first trailer, and, within 5 seconds, it returned, in identical manner, and disappeared back the way it came. We all freaked out, as if we had just realized what we saw and fled back toward my trailer.

We convinced Kara and Sam's mom to join us back up the street to investigate, but there were no other such sightings. I still don't know WHAT I saw. My sister gets touchy when this incident gets brought back up, nearly a decade later, but I am still curious as to what exactly we witnessed.

*names have been changed to protect privacy.

By Julie, Copyright 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment