Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Treasure Ghost

I was never a typical girly girl. I’ve had a love affair with geology, archaeology, treasure hunting, and just digging in general for as long as I can remember. When I was nine my father bought me a metal detector for Christmas. After I had thoroughly dug up our yard to my mother’s horror, we took it with us on our father/daughter Saturday outings- to beaches, vacant lots, out in the woods- just about anywhere where my dad didn’t think he’d get arrested for trespassing.
One Saturday my dad drove me down a dirt road near the Indian River within an hour’s drive of Gifford, Florida to an abandon lot where a house had burned down years before. All that was left of the house was a ruined brick chimney and a cracked foundation. Both were mostly overgrown. The lot wasn’t fenced and didn’t have a ‘no trespassing’ sign, but a

http://www.trueghosttales.com

No comments:

Post a Comment