Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Lady in the Rocking Chair

I was young when this happened so I don't remember but my mom told me this, she said I looked like I truly believed that what I had seen was real.

We were looking at the house that I just moved out of for the first time, my mom was talking with the real estate agent while I was in the empty living room. My mom told me that I came up to her and said, "Mommy, mommy, come look at the pretty lady in the rocking chair." Her and the agent both looked at me strangely but followed me into the living room. When we got in my mom saw an old wooden rocking chair, but no lady. "There's no one there sweetie," said my mom when she saw no one there. I answered quickly and sincerely, "But mommy she's right there." I pointed at the chair but there didn't seem to be anyone there. So my mom just shook her head and went to look at the rest of the house and left me in the living room.

She said when she came back she saw me talking to the "lady in the rocking chair." She said it seemed like she was asking me questions. She watched for a few minutes as I answered several questions. I said "yes, I dunno." I laughed then said, "ya." That's when my mom came in and said, "come on sweetie, time to go." I looked at her then back at the rocking chair and said, "bye lady." Then started to walk then stopped and looked at the rocking chair, "Oh bye Jen, I like that name." Then followed my mom out of that room.

I wish I could remember that day, my mom said I sincerely believed that there was someone in the rocking chair. Through out the years that I lived there, I always felt like I was being followed watched. My mom even said I was sitting on the floor in my room and talking to Jen (the lady in the rocking chair). She said it always seemed she was asking me questions. My mom said there were many different incidents where this happened. Sometimes she heard me laughing while I was in bed then I would say, "goodnight Jen, see you tomorrow." It was like she was my friend she never did anything to hurt me I believe that she just wanted a friend.

Written by Alyssa, Copyright OurGhostStories.com

No comments:

Post a Comment