Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Encounter With an Old Friend

One night, I was in bed sleeping when I was awoke by a strange noise. As I tossed and turned, trying to go back to sleep, I could feel someone tapping my shoulder. I tried to ignore it. I was full of fear, but the tapping was becoming more frequent and not so much as tapping, but now pushing. I looked to see what was trying to get my attention. There was nothing, I was scared.

I turned on the light. When I turned round, I caught something out of the corner of my eye. As I looked back to see if I had actually saw something. I had. In the corner of my room, sitting on the computer seat, underneath my television was a smoky, shadow like thing. It couldn't be my shadow though, I was sitting in my bed (my bed is one of those beds you have a couch underneath which turns into another bed). As the smoky, shadow like thing became clearer and clearer I could make out my best friend. It couldn't be her though. She had died two months ago. As you can guess I was freaked out. She got up and walked over to the door, opened the door and walked out. I got out of the bed and climbed down the ladders as fast as possible. I looked out into the hallway. No one was there.

Can I just say my story probably isn't very believable because I'm 12 but trust me it is true. Also if your wondering what my friend died of, she was ran over by a car.

Written by Emily McAteer, Copyright 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment