Sunday, August 9, 2009

Phone Message

My Gran had a heart condition called cardio-miopathy (I think that's how you spell it), and for years was in and out of hospital. Well a few months or so before she died we were visiting her at her house and mum asked gran if she and her sister Tommy had ever found out how they had gotten the phone message.

Well of course that made me curious and so I asked what they were talking about. Mum and gran then told me that there had been a time that gran had been in hospital and everyone was worried as she was on life support. During grans stay in hospital her sister had come home and went to check her messages on the answering machine. When she did she heard what sounded like a person who was finding it difficult to breath whispering Norma (my grans name) and then cutting off. When she tried to find out where the call had come from she couldn't find any record of that call being made.

Of course she got scared and got some of the relatives round to listen to it. Now here's were it gets weirder, after everyone had listened to it she asked them if they thought the voice on the machine sounded familiar, they then all told her that they thought it sounded like Tommy's and my grans mother who by that time had been dead for years.

When I was told about this I felt chills go down my spine and to this day it still does.

Sent in by Kirsty Fairley, Copyright 2009

1 comment:

  1. wow that is strange, I got goosebumps from reading that!

    ReplyDelete