Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ghost Boy in Newcastle

One night me and my parents had a massive fight and I ran off to the park to calm down. My dad had texted me telling me to come home but I was too mad to face him, so I sat at the bottom of the stairs (we live in a flat) cause there was people in every room. I hate going down the stairs even in the day, but it was starting to get dark. The stairs always have a creepy feeling about them, and when we were little, me and my friend James used to sit there and tell ghost stories.

Well, my dad and mam kept coming to check on me and I heard a creak on the top of the stairs so I turned round thinking it was my dad and I saw someone leaning over the top of the rail, but it wasn't one of my family. I have two sisters and a brother, and it definitely wasn't my sisters or my dad cause it looked like a boy, maybe about nine or ten (bearing in mind that my brothers only six). It actually looked a bit like an older version of my brother, but even skinnier if that's possible, and with brown eyes instead of blue, and he was a lot taller than my brother. I looked at him and thought it was my mum, which is stupid, but I wasn't paying much attention.

A couple of days after I came out of the kitchen and was going to sit on the sofa, when it looked like someone was already sitting there. I only saw it for a split second, but I could swear it was the lad. I live in Newcastle, and my house is over 100 years old (it could have been a miners or a shipbuilders house) so I don't know... maybe the lad is just a boy who was killed down the pits all those years ago.

Written by Christi Garratt, Copyright 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment