Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Ghostly Goodbye

I remember when I was just a little girl, I woke up in the middle of the night and wanted a glass of water. I headed out into the living room to go into the kitchen, and I saw my Grampie (my great grandfather on my father's side) sitting in the chair. I was puzzled because he lived in California, and my family lived in Idaho. So I asked, "Grampie, what are you doing here?"

He smiled at me and said, "Don't you worry about it, honey. Just get your glass of water and go back to bed." Being just a little girl, I didn't think much of the fact that he wasn't suppose to be there at all, that he wasn't visiting and that there was no way he could magically be in our living room when he should be back home in California. Sometimes these things just don't register when you are little.

So I went and got my glass of water, and when I came back out into the living room he was gone. I wasn't scared because he was my Great Grandfather, so I simply just thought it strange and went back to bed. The next morning I asked my Mom why he was there, and she looked at my oddly and then the phone rang. It was our family in California calling to tell her that my Great Grandfather had passed away.

My Mom and I still talk about it to this day.

Sent in by Tricia, Copyright 2009 Ghost-Space.com

No comments:

Post a Comment