Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Highway Ghost

My dad and I were driving to visit my grandmother who was sick. The place we were driving to was called Mysore (in India) which was around a 3 hour drive from the city where we lived. The highway connecting these two cities is claimed to be haunted and there are many claims of truck drivers seeing ghosts at night. It was around 8 pm and I was driving. We reached a small curve at a pretty deserted place and there were no vehicles around so the road was pitch dark ahead. That was when I saw someone crossing the road maybe 300 meters ahead. (This is pretty common in India as the highways are flanked by small villages and the villagers cross the roads pretty often). I didn't slow down as I thought that person would have crossed the road by then. I couldn't make out any features, it just looked like a silhouette of a man. I kept getting closer but the shadow just stood right in the middle of the road. I was a hundred meters away from it and though the head lights of my car were shining right at it, it looked like a dark shadow and the light didn't pass through it.

I swerved to the left very quickly to avoid it. I still didn't think it was a ghost. My dad saw it too but he got mad at me for taking such a sudden turn. We looked back immediately but there was nothing there. That was when I realized what it was. My dad knew what we saw but he didn't say anything. He refuses to believe in ghosts.

I had heard many stories of people seeing such shadows crossing roads on this stretch of highway and having met with accidents trying to avoid them thinking these were people.

Written by Niki, Copyright 2009 OurGhostStories.com

No comments:

Post a Comment