Sunday, August 9, 2009

Evil House in Paradise

In November 2008, I had just recently had moved into a new house in Paradise, California. The house I bought was built in the late '70s and was in bad disrepair when I bought it. There were plants growing out of the walls and roof of the house. The chimney had come off and looked like it had been knocked down. The house was very far away from the city and the neighbors were what seemed like miles away. The inside of the house was badly damaged due to a fire in 2003, and the upstairs was missing most of it's insides. Me and my husband were planning to repair the house and raise a family there, so we started to repair the place.

We first realized something was wrong when the doors would seem to shut by themselves, locking my husband out more than once. As we repaired the house, more weird things started to happen. Water would leak from the ceiling as if it were raining indoors, the floors would take on a weird soft texture, and the stairs made terrible noises when we used them, as if a plane was taking off next door.

One night, I awoke at about 4 am, hearing a noise downstairs. I thought it was a burglar, so I sent my husband downstairs to investigate. Soon he came running back upstairs, and told me to call the police. He said he saw someone on the front porch. I went down to investigate, and saw the strangest thing I have ever seen. Standing in the kitchen, there was a black, dog like creature, around 8 feet tall, nearly touching the ceiling. It had bright yellow eyes and was mumbling in what sounded like Chinese.

I screamed and ran into the next room as my husband ran down to help me. I told him what I saw, but when he went into the kitchen, the creature was gone. The back door was ripped off it's hinges, and the porch was covered in weeds and burn marks, just like it was when we first moved in. We moved out a couple of weeks later, and we haven't had any trouble since. I can only presume the spirits in the house didn't approve of us fixing it.

Sent in by Jessica Shortman, Copyright 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment