Monday, August 10, 2009

Sea Monster out on the Ocean Deep

My Dad is a fisherman in Alaska; his career is similar to the ''Deadliest Catch'' guys job's, hence he sometimes hooks enormous halibut and catches sharks, and along with that also faces some colossal waves and storms once in a while. (By the way, my deceased Grandpa was unfortunately caught in the Columbus Day Storm of 1963, and survived! Just a fun fact for you; I don't mean to boast!) I apologize, let me return to my point.

Anyway, my dad, a few years ago, was controlling the huge spotlight was that used at night on the boat, talking quietly with a crew member. As he was running the massive stream of light across the rippling waves, he spotted a large head poking out of the water. Although he quickly tried to catch the ''thing'' once again with the spotlight, he just could not find it. He and his friend both agreed to what they saw: but the famous question is, what exactly was it? To this day, even though my dad only caught sight of the ''creature'' for a moment, he still has few doubts that it was a monster - a sea monster. And please take note that, like I said, this is in Alaska, not Scotland, so this most likely was not any Nessie. And my dad knew what he saw; also he had had no drinks that evening.

If you have thoughts, questions, or comments, feel free to write. But for now, keep an eye out for other spooky tales. I've got more coming.

Written by Tori, Copyright 2009 OurGhostStories.com

1 comment:

  1. What did it look like? I know he's a fisherman and would know about many varieties of sealife but it still could have been a very rare species.

    ReplyDelete