Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My Moms Mysterious Doppelganger

I would like to share a story with you that happened during my childhood. It was during summer, so I would usually stay up late reading. It was about 10 or 11 pm, and my mother was watching TV downstairs (we had a two story house). Something wasn't right, because my mother usually goes to sleep at about 9 pm upstairs. I was just curious so I went to check on her. There she was, on the sofa. I asked her what movie she was watching. She just turned around and looked at me. I got the creeps. It was dark and only the TV was on. "Mom,are you alright?" I asked. She looked at me for about another 10 seconds. "I'm not mom, mom is upstairs sleeping." I got really uneasy. "Quit joking mom, you're right here, I'm looking at you right now," I said. "You can go upstairs and look, your mom is asleep," she answered. Now she really started to freak me out. "Mom please stop this, your really scaring me," I replied. No answer.

I rushed like the wind upstairs. There she was sound asleep. I was speechless. "Don't panic," I said to myself." It's just a joke," I kept telling myself. As I went back downstairs I thought. I knew there's no doubt something is going on. There's no way she could have possibly gotten past me when I was going upstairs. When I got back downstairs she was gone and the TV was off. Have I been imagining things? I've never had any problems with my mind until this day.

The next morning when my mom woke up I told her the whole story. "I went to sleep at 9pm, and I wasn't watching TV downstairs before I went to sleep, "my mom said. I got the creeps again.But there's something else. When I was a little younger, and when I lived at a different place, I would often have nightmares where there my mom, and exact same clone of her. I don't have any problems right now, and my mom is alright, but I still remember this story very clearly.

Written by Elda Ladviel, Copyright 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment