Monday, August 17, 2009

Indian Spirits and Phantom Sightings

I grew up in a haunted house, I really think that it had something to do with the land that it was built on. The house was surrounded by fields and beyond that behind the house was the woods. It's an area rich in Indian lore, there are the Oneidas, the Mohawks, the Saqouit, Canandeguas, etc.

In the woods behind the house there was this strange unexplainable grass road, that grew up from no where. The floor in the forest was normally what you would expect it to be, dead, dirt, branches and dried leaves. Except for this mysterious grass road that never grew higher than 3 inches, it exited the other side of the woods.

I took our 4 wheeler into the woods on a tour, as I often did when I was bored. I stopped on the grass road, listening to the woods............ and the wind picked up rustling the treetops. In the wind someone sighed my first name. I heard it very clearly, needless to say I left that woods as fast as I could. I don't know if it was an Indian Spirit, cause there have been phantom Indian sightings in that neighboorhood.

Written by Karen M., Copyright 2009 OurGhostStories.com

2 comments:

  1. I have always been fascinated with Native American lore and history. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is great to have experience it. You did good in running away because not all Indians spirits are kind. An Indian spirit speaks to you in their language then in yours so maybe it could also be a cowboy from back then or a bank robber from centuries ago. Who really knows but it is still wow!!!!!! If there is a next time take a tape recorder and ask questions and just leave it on overnight and see what you can catch. If you do this let me know what happens and don't go alone anymore ok always take at least two more of your friends you can trust. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete