Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Old House in Carrickfergus

A long time ago when I was young I lived in an old house in Carrickfergus. I was in bed and heard noises that sounded liked someone was walking past my door this happened every night since we moved in. At first I thought it might have been the wind or my dog.

A few months after my dog was barking and we heard clattering noises from the kitchen. I went from my bed room and felt a gust of cold air pass me and I woke my parents and told them what I had heard. So my dad took a pole and we walked down the creaky stairs in to the kitchen and found that my dog Guiness was shaking under the kitchen table but no one was there. My dad walked over to the back door and looked out to see if anyone was there then he felt the cold air pass him as if someone has walked past and out the door. Then he closed it again and Guiness stopped shaking and came out from under the table.

After that we never heard or felt anything again. My dad always thought that he had released a ghost from our house. It was thought  that the old couple who lived in the house before us had sadly passed away.

Creepy!

Written by Sonya McCandless

No comments:

Post a Comment