Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sovereign Hill Ghosts

This is a story that happened to my mother when she was around 10 years old. My mother lived in a large, old house, with four Brothers and one sister. Her and her sister shared a large bedroom. But this bedroom, being so large, had half of a wall separating each half from the other. There was a door on each corner of the room.

One night, my mother and he sister were nearly asleep in bed. A sudden moan woke my mother up. She looked around her room, then noticed a large blob of mist float in through her door. The mist then floated into the middle of the room, where is was visible to both my mother and her sister. The blob then because more focused and detailed, and all of a sudden, the blob was gone, and replacing it was a family of ghosts. The was a father, dressed in a waistcoat and top hat, there was a mother, dressed in a large dress and bonnet, there was a young girl are 9, dressed in a dress and bonnet, and there was a little boy,around two or three, who was dressed in overalls. All of the 'ghosts' were dressed in clothes very similar to the clothes worn in Sovereign Hill, A centre in Ballarat which shows the living and lifestyle of the Olden Days.

The ghosts opened their mouths, trying to say something, but my mother screamed. Her sister was asleep, so she was quiet. When my mothers mother came in through the door in my mothers half of the room, the family of ghosts had just trailed through the other door, on my mothers sisters side of the room.

My mother has regretted screaming, from the night she saw the ghosts, to right this minute, and I'm sure she will still regret it 'till the day she dies. My mother is convinced that the ghosts had something important to say. Written By Eloise, Age 11, AUS. This story is completely true!

Written by Eloise O'Neil, Copyright 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment