Friday, July 10, 2009

My Mother's Famous Ghost Sister

My mother was the youngest of eight children, and had siblings 20 to 30 years older than she. They were a very close family, where nieces and nephews were more like siblings due to age differences.

My mother has told me this story several times, and I completely believe her. When she was 13, she saw her oldest sister hovering above her while sleeping. She woke up, saw her sister in white, and heard her sister say, "Don't worry, the boys are coming to live with you; but you will still be loved."

She ran into my grandparent's room, thinking it was a nightmare. They attempted to calm her down, then minutes later received a phone call. My mother's oldest sister and husband had died in a car crash. Their three sons came to live with my mother and grandparents shortly after the accident. I think it was her sister's (Dorothy) way of easing the transition for my mother into accepting a new family. They are all still very close.

Written by Michele, Copyright 2009 Ghost-Space.com

No comments:

Post a Comment