Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Day I Became A Believer

I was around 10 years old at the time and lived in southwestern Virginia.  It was around Thanksgiving and my aunt called to invite my family to a late breakfast or brunch.  She lived about 45 minutes away in a smaller city.  I overheard my mother speaking with her about her "new" home being haunted.  I thought it was a joke.

Shortly after the phone conversation, we left for my aunt's house.  After arriving at her home, most of us gathered in the kitchen.  My mother and aunt were again discussing the haunting.  Suddenly, a toaster "flew" across the kitchen! It was pushed off the kitchen counter with such force that it landed on the other side of the room.  No one was standing anywhere near the toaster at the time.  The room fell quiet and my aunt smiled and said, "I told you!"  It was no longer a joke and no longer funny to me.  It was the day I became a believer.

By Andre Hobson, Copyright 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment