Monday, July 20, 2009

Haunted School And The Roving Keys

I came across a tale that every High Schooler would find fascinating - the fact that their school was actually haunted. My school wasn't haunted - but the old Middle school in my aunt's town was. The town built a new middle school and the old one was turned into a community center. My uncle was the big supervisor at the school, only answering to city counsel. When my sister and I went to stay with my aunt and uncle that summer we heard the strangest story, someone was breaking into the middle school finding the useless box of old keys and leaving them everywhere.

My sister and I of course where very interested in this so we went to the center with my uncle. He wasn't lying there where keys up the yin-yang, everywhere not hidden at all, but out in the open. The weirdest thing was that there where no signs of a break in or any broken window or propped open doors, the keys looked like they where just placing themselves on the floor of their own volition. My uncle spent hours sorting the keys one day and the next morning they where thrust together in a huge pile. Normally I would pass this off as a very convincing prank, but you could only find the keys in the part of the school that had been built in the twenties. It was scary. The old auditorium had an eerie presence, and I'm convinced to this day it has it's own key thrusting phantom.

I still go the center every summer, and yes, I keep finding keys.

Written by Mae M.B, Copyright 2009 Willard E Hughes Jr

Read More School House Ghost Stories ~http://www.squidoo.com/schoolghosts

No comments:

Post a Comment