Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Best Friend's Cat - A Ghost Story

My best friend called me on Christmas Eve night back in 2006. She was crying hysterically because her cat that she'd had since she was a little girl died in a freak accident. She was 20 at the time of her loss. She probably got the cat when she was around four, so it was an old cat.
What had happened was her mother had the television in her room kind of teetering on the edge of the dresser and the cat jumped up there to chill by the TV. Well it knocked the TV down and the poor kitty went with it... crushing her little head. She died.

Well at Christmas time last year (2007), I was at her house hanging out and doing my Christmas cards. I had an MP3 player earplug in one ear and I was talking to my best friend at the same time.

Well all of a sudden I heard a cat's meow. I blew it off at first because my best friend must have had a cat somewhere near her. But then I remembered... she had a dog now. So I ripped out my earplug and she was just staring at me. I asked her, "Did you just hear a cat?" She smiled and said, "I was wondering if you heard it too... yeah I did hear it."

I asked her if she got a cat and it was just hiding somewhere but she said no. Then I tried to tell myself it was outside... but the meow sounded as if it were sitting in my lap. Plus there were kids outside running and screaming.

She said that she'd been hearing the meow for about a year now and that it had followed her from her mom's house to her new apartment. I thought it was cool. That's when I suggested that it was maybe her cat and if you think about it... it was a year later. She flipped and said, "Oh my God you're probably right!"

She's since moved from that apartment to a different complex and now a cat that looks exactly like her cat, with the belly that drags the floor and everything, now walks around her apartment building at night. So she's happy that her kitty is still with her.

Sent in by Deidre, Copyright 2008 Willard E Hughes Jr

No comments:

Post a Comment