Monday, May 11, 2009

Old Fashioned Ghost

My family and I had to move to a new area of town, sadly, this area was known for its history. Its the oldest part of my city and I always thought it was mere stories. That changed. It had been the night before I started fourth grade. I couldn't sleep as most cant, and I looked into the hallway, a woman reached the end and peered into my mothers room, before she could turn my way I shut my eyes. When I finally had the courage to open them, there was nothing there.

Nothing happened for a while, until the end of my 6th grade year. I had been reading a book and I turned around, and she was in the room. She was doing somewhat of a ball dance, though I knew it wasn't. She was dressed as they were in the early years of the 1900's. She didn't seem to notice me, but as she twirled my way she stopped. She stared somewhat at me. I never forgot her face. It was delicate, and her features were soft, after a minute, she dropped her jaw and screamed in a whisper, then vanished. Ever since seeing her the last time, I've had experiences with the paranormal. From voices to hallucinations, It all started with her. I write this because I'm now 17 years old, and I live in a new neighborhood. Yet, as I was turning into the kitchen, I saw her enter my sisters room. The same woman from years before.

I'm now doing research on my family history and even the house itself. I have a feeling she's never going to go, and I have to accept that. This house has scared my friends away in high school. One claims to have seen the ghost of a young girl, another music played, another said she felt something pull her hair, and nothing was there. Is it possible that it is I who is haunted? I'll have to continue to search for my answers.

By Rebecca, Copyright 2009 Willard E. Hughes Jr.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, doing research on the home and property can help find a lot of answers to hauntings. I believe things that happen leave an imprint that some can continue to see. Excellent story and I hope the writer has good luck in finding out where the hauntings originate.

    ReplyDelete