Sunday, May 31, 2009

Alley The Wanderer

This is a true story: One month after Alley, our alley cat died, a mysterious cat appeared in our house. Of course, it wasn't actually a cat, we think it was a ghost.

See, Alley couldn't put her claws in. They we're permanently extended. Anyway, mysterious ticking sounded off in the kitchen, identical to her claws on the floor.

Finally, I got tired of seeing her shadows appear around the corner, and decided to do whatever I could to let her go. So, I found a letter I had written to my pets when I was younger, and found the part I had dedicated to her. So, I read, re-read and read again, until I had it memorized.
I never did see her again, and now I sometimes wish I had never let her go. But, was it really her?

Sent in by Emily, Copyright 2009 Willard E Hughes Jr

No comments:

Post a Comment