Monday, May 4, 2009

Ring Around The Rosie

The incident I am about to tell you happened at Ft. Pulaski, near Tybee Island, GA. My family went to visit the fort for the day. My father was visiting from Illinois, and it was a normal day. However, after we toured the fort, we went to the Demilunes located behind the fort. The demilunes are a storage facility built under mounds of earth. Well, we began walking toward the entrance and heard women and children playing and singing "Ring around the Rosie." It sounded like they were in the inner courtyard playing. We didn't think much about it until we began walking through the tunnel. The singing stopped, we continued toward the inner courtyard, and there was no one there. We were the only people there.

We began walking back toward the tunnels and the singing began again. We walked into the tunnel and the singing was getting louder. The singing and noise was coming from the storage stall. It was completely dark in the stall, so my daughter stood at the door of the stall and said,"Who is in there?" Instantly, a voice came back and said, "come play with us." Freaky! I pulled my daughter away from the door and stepped inside and began taking pictures with my digital camera; and there was nothing there. The stall was completely empty.

We instantly began to ask ourselves questions. We went to the visitor center and asked the ranger if there was a P.A. system in the demilunes playing. The ranger insisted that there was not a P.A.system in the stalls. We also asked if anyone else had any weird experiences in tunnels, and he said,"No!" To this day, I have no idea of what was playing in the fort, but I do know that I cannot explain it.

I think I need to call Jason and Grant to come and check it out. If you're ever in Savannah, Ga, take a trip to Fort Pulaski.

By Kenny, Copyright 2009 Willard E Hughes Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment