Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Cat Has Not Left

Two years ago I found a small kitten in our garbage can, taped in a paper bag and duct-taped shut. I brought the kitten in and gave him food and a bath.

He ended up living at my mother's house for another year when he disappeared after being let outside. Shortly after that I began feeling a cat jumping up onto my bed and walking along. This would only happen periodically, until recently.

Now the cat is with me almost every night, and it doesn't matter if the lights are on or not. Two nights ago I watched the blankets move as if a cat were kneading it the way they do when they're purring.

I can't put my cat to rest since I do not know where his body is, and I don't know how to let go of him. But it is starting to scare my daughter who is not used to things "that go bump in the night," and I don't know how to reassure her that it is alright.

Sent in by April, Copyright 2009 Willard E Hughes Jr

No comments:

Post a Comment