Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I Saw My Dead Grandpa

This happened in the Philippines. I was only 11 years old at the time but now I am 23 years old. I was really close to my grandpa. He would buy me anything I wanted. My family members were shocked that he had passed away from a heart attack. I was young and I was afraid to come close to his casket.

One night I couldn't sleep because I missed my grandpa so much. I look out of my window and saw him looking at me. He was standing right there in front of my window that scared me so badly. I thought I was imagining it. I knew he was dead but he was there standing right there in front of my window. I closed my eyes and hoped that I was dreaming and when I reopened my eyes he wasn't there.

My dad came to check on me, he saw me awake. He went outside to smoke and so I decided to go with him. Before leaving my room I looked back at my window and there he was again. As my dad was smoking, I started walking towards my window and hoped that there was no one there. As I started to walk forward I saw my man standing there by my window. I wanted to scream but no scream came out. I closed my eyes for the last time and begged that there was no one there. As I reopened my eyes, there was no one there but a red rose on the ground. I picked it up and knew it was my grandpa that had left me that rose. My grandpa also gave me a red rose telling me that he loved me. I knew he was there to tell me that everything was alright.

The next day I told my parents about it but they didn't believe me because they knew I was missing my grandpa so much. I knew what I saw that night. I don't care if they didn't believe me but I knew it was my grandpa.

By Anne, Copyright 2009 Willard E Hughes Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment