Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Haunted Pub

I have a chilling experience I would like to share, I was 15 at the time. My mom and dad ran public houses and we landed a pub in Leeds. It was a very big old pub and we lived there for about eight months, me and my family. Very strange things started to happen and it was very scary living in fear everyday.

We saw objects being moved regularly with our own eyes and doors opening themselves and the pub itself had a cold air feel about the place. I used to hear footsteps coming up the stairs above the pub where we slept and no one was there.

One night I was in bed in my bedroom upstairs above the pub. It was a small room just enough to fit a bed and a couple of items. It was late and I went to bed and the room became very cold. I could feel my whole body trembling I was so scared. I felt someone else was in the room with me. I could not see them but I felt they were watching me. I hid under my duvet as I was too scared to shout for anyone or go out the room. I felt stiff, next thing I know I heard muttering sounds as if someone was trying to talk to me. I will never forget the fear I felt that night. I knew someone was there but didn't dare look from out my duvet till it was morning . Every day after that was just living in fear not knowing what was going to happen next and the feeling of being watched.

Written by Rebecca Fletcher, Copyright 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment