Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ghostly Roommate

My home is a old 1870's home residing in the small town of Brattleboro, Vermont. I moved into this house when I was just starting middle school and ever since I moved into the home I felt a little less then comfortable being in this house alone at times. My house was changed many times and it was originally and recently a apartment building that we turned in a one family house.

My brother and I, along with my older sister who only a little while after moved out, lived in the upstairs area. I was always used to my brother being there and being with me whenever I was but whenever he was not in the house I still felt a presence with me in the home, watching me with content and curiosity and sometimes with annoyance.

When I'm alone watching TV or doing something I hear sounds like of shuffling feet or people walking into the apartment but whenever I turned to look and see who is walking in nobody is there. I hear it a lot whenever I'm not watching TV too. Also whenever I'm in my living room and I look out into the room between my laundry room and my living room I always see things walking by like things very quickly and clearly seen with the naked eye. I also see shadows shifting across my walls.

Whenever I'm sitting on the couch with my cat on my lap my cat always looks at something in that room like someone is just walking in or something present in that room. There is also a guest room that I always feel like someone is watching me from, and strangely a few days ago I was awoken by something pushing me or shaking me to wake up. It has happened a few times I would wake up for unexplained reasons, usually I would just brush it off and go back to sleep. I'm not threatened by this ghost but its kind of weird how I still have that presence, like a ghostly roommate always there.

Sent in by Erin Morse, Copyright 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment