Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dads Ghost Saved My Life

In June of 1983 I was 23 years old. I had just gotten engaged to John, who I had met when I was 18. I should first tell you that I met John through my Dad, who bartended with him. Six months after we were engaged my Dad died of a massive heart attack.

I was the first born, and very much "Daddy's little girl". Needless to say, I was beyond devastated! My Day would never walk me down the aisle. I barely remember having to identify him, the wake, or the funeral. But three weeks later...

I was heading home after work, approaching an intersection that I had gone through many, many times. Traffic was unusually light for the time of day (5:30 pm.), as I approached the light it had just turned green and the car in front of me was already going through the light. I had plenty of time, just before I reached the intersection, there is my Dad in the passenger's seat! Screaming at me to stop! I couldn't move, all I could think was, DAD! Is that you? He didn't answer me, instead, he took his left foot over to my side, and slammed on the brakes! I came to a screeching halt, just as someone ran the red light, and missed me by inches! Thank you Dad!

Written by Trish, Copyright 2009 Willard E Hughes Jr

2 comments:

  1. Cool. Many times grand pa used to save me from a lot of dangerous things even after he died. Nice story. thank you for sharing your story with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another proof that love is stronger than death.

    ReplyDelete