Monday, March 31, 2008

My Grandmother's Last Words

It was a cold night, 48 days before Christmas. I was very scared because at that time my grandmother had died and my family was waking on her that night.

I went to my bed with my cousins because that was the only chance we could sleep for one whole day a few hours ago. My cousins slept, I was closing my eyes but my mind was still running, it doesn't stop. I couldn't sleep but I was keeping my eyes close.

Suddenly, I felt a cold thing as cold as ice on my feet. I opened my eyes and then a striking light was approaching and a blurred image appeared. I kept on rubbing my eyes to find out if I was just dreaming or not.

When I realized that I was not dreaming, my nervous system works, I was chilling because I was scared, but the image held my hand and then she said, "I Love You My child", and then my chilling stopped and I realized that she was my late grandmother. I raised up in bed to hug her, but she suddenly disappeared like a bubble.

Then that night I told it to my relatives. And then all the hair on my skin stood up when they said that the last words she said was, "I will only say goodbye to my favorite granddaughter". Then suddenly tears fell down from my eyes.

Sent in by Nicole Kimberly Garcia, Copyright 2008

1 comment:

  1. That was a very touching story. I have read many different times where a departed loved one returns one last time to say goodbye.

    ReplyDelete