Monday, December 13, 2010

The Promise

Ok, here it goes. I met my friend in 2000 the beginning of my senior year in high school, we were real close and he and I would always talk about how haunted the neighborhood was (I live behind a cemetery called Jacksonville Memorial Gardens in Orange Park, Florida). He told me that if he died he would come back and watch out for me.

I moved away after graduation for a short time and I came back and he would still tell me he would watch over me. Well, as life went on him and I saw each other less, because I had my boyfriend and he had a girlfriend. Well around Christmas time in 2005 I was sharing a room with my mom, and I would tell her I could hear a basketball up and down the street. She told me that it was probably the neighbors kids and I said at 3 am. So, knowing this she told me she believed that it was ghost.
A year goes by and nothing was really going and so I ran into my friend, she told me she was pregnant, so I went to stay at her apartment for a while to help her. Well, she and I decided to ask the boys to take us to the club before she had the baby, and the night we went was karaoke night. I told her to stay put in a chair, well being the fact the I was 23 and it was ladies night I went and got a drink.

I ran into my friends sister in law and we were talking and I ask her how he was doing and I would go to his house and say hi, her face dropped and she told me the gut wrenching news that he was killed in October the year before. I believe that the basketball noise was him. As, I sit here typing this I know he is here. He will never leave my side, and you know why because he made me that promise that he would watch over me.

Sent in by Jessica, Copyright 2010 TrueGhostTales.com

No comments:

Post a Comment