Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Tiny Little Man

The summer before 5th grade, I was ten, I went to a summer camp with my friend Kasie. It seemed perfectly normal but near the end of camp I saw something I still can't believe today.

We had free time and I was hanging around outside the mess hall by myself. It had been raining and it was soggy and muddy out. I happened to look around the corner of the building and saw a little man. I'm not sure how else to describe him. He wasn't a ghost. He was so little, like 1.5 feet tall at the most. His face is blurred in my memory but his skin was very very red. Worse than a sunburn red. I'm guessing that was his actual skin color. He had a human's white collared shirt on with the sleeves WAY rolled up and it was so long it covered him like a robe. I think he had some hair but not much. like some little brown tuffs of it. Somehow I got the impression he was middle aged. And before you say it, I did not just see a midget or something because his feet were not human. I really don't know how to describe them.....They were stumpy and round with strange toes. I drew a little picture of them on ms paint here:

He leaned down to put something in the pond and suddenly saw me and he ran like nothing I've ever seen before. Really I've never seen something move that fast.

I told one of the counselors but she obviously didn't believe me. She just told me to tell her if I saw him again. I also told my friend but I don't know if she believed me either although she helped me search for the "tiny little man" as we referred to him as. It has been 4 years and I don't think Kasie remembers it but I sure do. I went back to the camp for the next years but never saw anything like him again.

I'm going back to that camp this summer 2008. The camp is Kirkmont it is in Ohio if anyone wants to know.

By Joanna, Copyright 2009 Willard E Hughes Jr.

1 comment:

  1. There's so many stories of these little creatures, they seem to sound quite cute in a weird way. Some people call them Chupacabra's, or little demons.

    Whatever there purpose is, is the puzzling part.

    ReplyDelete