Monday, February 21, 2011

A Loyal Pet

When I was about 8, I had a dog. Her name was Tootsie. She was the most perfect dog in the world. She was loving, protective, and she would kill anyone who would try to hurt me and my family. Sadly, she died. Her body was gone... but her soul remained. I know this because I can sense when there is a spirit nearby. A sixth-sense if you will. Well, on with the story.

If you have ever lived in a bad neighborhood, you will understand this story much better. Anyway, one night I was fast asleep in my bed. I was awoken by the sound of something banging on the door. Tootsie, her usual spot to sleep was at the end of my bed. I knew that she was dead but I swore that I felt her laying there. Then she jumped off the bed, and began barking at the place the banging was coming from. Suddenly, the banging stopped. I felt her jump back on the bed in her usual spot. I reached down to pet her but my hand didn't touch anything. I stared to cry, then I felt Tootsie stand up on the bed and lick my face, wiping away my tears. Tootsie, the most loyal dog I have ever had.

In Memory of: Tootsie Roll 2000-2007

Sent in by Trinity Yates, Copyright 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment