Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Dads Passing

My dad passed away just over a year ago. He died at a hospital in Chattanooga (which is about 30 miles from where we live).

A relative of ours who also works for the local funeral home made the trip to pick up his body. Dad died around midnight and it was sometime after two in the morning when we got home. My mom has two outside dogs. Both of the dogs always bark and carry on whenever a car pulls into the driveway - even if it is one of the family. This night I was driving my mom's car so they knew the car. They both just came to the fence, but never barked in greeting at us.

The hearse had to stop at my mom's house on the way to the funeral home. As it was driving up to the house, both of the dogs walked along the fence, watching it carefully. They stood perfectly still the entire time the hearse was sitting in the driveway, looking at it. When it pulled out of the driveway, they watched it and followed it along by walking along the fence. We all noticed the way that the dogs never barked - they knew that Dad was in the hearse. My mom also has a small poodle that lives in the house. She always used to sit in my dad's lap or on the arm of his recliner. Sometimes she will sit on the arm of his chair, in the particular manner that she always did when he was sitting there, even though he has been gone over a year. It is like all of the dogs realize that sometimes he is still there.

Written by Suzy, Copyright 2009 Ghost-Space.com

No comments:

Post a Comment