Saturday, September 12, 2009

Grey Lady of Saint Chads

It was only November last year when I was waiting for a bus and one did not come so I decided to walk home. I thought I would walk past the local church in Saint Chads when I heard the strangest noise. It was like a dress sweeping across the floor. I turned round and I saw a shadow behind a tree. It was like a woman's figure. At this point I was really crapping my self and I held my breath so I did not make a sound. I started to walk and get by some light as quickly as possible. Then I started to hear foot steps behind me. I got really panicky and started to run. It was pitch black and I got lost about five times!

When I eventually got home I told my mum I felt as if I were being followed. She chuckled and did not believe me. I felt really silly that she did not believe me. I just ended up thinking it was my mind playing on me. When I went to do my teeth I looked as I put the tooth paste on and when I looked back up I saw a woman in the mirror! It was a quite young woman with grey hair and skin. It had a terrifying stare and I took a moment to look and I screamed and ran down stairs.

I never saw her again. It took me about a year to go back in the bath room on my own. But just the other week my friend said the very same experience as mine. If you don't believe me come to Kirkby and take a walk in Saint Chads at night. You may just see her! Thank you for reading.

Written by Bethany Inman, Copyright 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment