Friday, October 15, 2010

Native Drums

I don't remember this happening at all, I only know if it from my mom's stories. I was about three at the time, and we went out at a place called Red Rock for a bit of a hike. It used to be an old Native American tribe's living place.

So we wandered around for a bit, going to see an enormous pit in the ground with a face of a stone wall (completely natural, not man made) standing out at one end of it. The was very little water left in the bottom of the pit. This was where the Natives would have dances and rituals, if I remember correctly, using drums and squash shakers for music.

My mother remembers me always asking to go home, covering my ears with my hands and looking very grouchy. I was the only one of my sisters who was doing so. Finally she asked me why I was acting this way and why I was so eager to leave.

"The drums are too loud, Mama." I had said.

We left shortly after that.

Sent in by SH, Copyright 2010 Ghost-Space.com

Also of interest - Native American Shamanism

No comments:

Post a Comment