Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Shadow Creature

I have never experienced any paranormal encounters but I love ghost stories. Anyway, I know some things that happened to my family. This is just a tale that comes to mind.

My grandmother, who is around fifty-four or something, was small, maybe a teenager. She was at her house with her sister and sister-in-law. The adults were not at home. They were listening to music, dancing and just goofing around in the bedroom, with a chair pushed against the door to keep people out. The girls were the only ones in the room. But soon, they stopped laughing when they started to hear noises. They knew nobody was there and they kept hearing odd sounds in the house. The chair they had pushed against the door moved suddenly like somebody was trying to get in. They all ran outside.

They opened the doors to my great-grandpa's car, the only vehicle there at the time. It seemed like the only place they could be safe. Soon, they saw a shadow-like figure emerge on the front porch. They said it looked like it was a large dog, standing on its hind legs. My grandma and her sister-in-law were screaming; they tried to get my aunt, Shirley, to look at the shadow, but she refused.

The thing, whatever it was, walked down from the porch to the car, and proceeded to stare at them through the windows. They held their heads down, trying not to look, filled with terror at the shadow. The only thing they remember after that was the return of my great-grandparents, who were shocked at the story they heard.

By R.J. Duncan, Copyright 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment