Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Ghostly Changing Portraits

It all started when my Mothers Sister was having a wedding. We live in Miami Florida, and my Mother Sister lives in Canada. We were going to Canada to be there with my Aunt and her fiancé at the wedding. It took a long time to get to Canada from Miami Florida, so we had to make a stop. We had never been to Canada before, so my Father had to bring a map. After about 12 hours and 30 minutes driving around in pretty much a circle, we found some strange old man walking around. We decided to pull over and ask where we were. My Dad asked him if he knew where we were. The old man just kinda stared at him for a minute as if he didn't know what my Father said. My Father showed him the map and the old man said we wasn't anywhere near the maps directions.

He asked if we where looking for a place to stay. Dad replied with a simple yes. We slowly followed the old man as he lead us to an old cabin. He told us that that cabin belongs to him. Dad asked why it looked so burnt down. He told us that a long time ago him and his friends where in a fire accident and he had lost them. We got out of the car and walked towards the front door. The old man pulled out a dusty key and unlocked the door. He gave us and extra key and said "Enjoy your stay." Dad smiled and thanked him. The cabin was very small.

It was around 11:00PM when we got there. What caught my attention was all the various beautiful portraits I saw. Some portraits had mad angry faces while others had strange blank faces, some had harmful faces some had harmless faces. The portraits were very life-like. I fell asleep around 12:30AM and awoke around 2:40AM. But,what really gave me a shock when I awoken, is that when I looked back at the portraits in the morning, they were windows instead of paintings.

By Leslie, Copyright 2009 Willard E Hughes Jr.

2 comments:

  1. Heck!! you couldn't make that story up, I believe you. Very scary, wonder why the man just stared at your dad for so long?

    ReplyDelete
  2. over active imagination, and why would he have given you his cabin for free!

    ReplyDelete