Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Cat Sheena

This was not an ordinary cat. Sheena was found in a garbage dump. I didn't see her but my husband and daughter did. All I remember is my husband telling me to grab that kitten and let's go. So, I seen her then and picked her up and we took her home.

She, for some odd reason, took up with me and loved me. I loved her too and still do. She was a tortoise shell. She lived to be twelve years old and one day she went outside and never came back. I prayed for her to come back but she didn't.

One night I was asleep in bed when I felt something jump up on the bed and go down to my feet and lay down. I thought, great Sheena's back and I looked down and there was nothing there. But I kept feeling something down at my feet. Sheena always laid down by my feet and she kept my feet warm in the winter. She will come and visit me every time I feel lonely or by myself. She jumps up on the bed and lay's down beside my feet and then I can sleep.

I lost her about 6 years ago and I am still looking for another kitten like her but I haven't found one yet. I miss her and she knows it.

Sent in by Mary Ellen Cobb, Copyright 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment