Friday, February 1, 2008

The Scary Haunted Doll

This story might not seem as scary as the others I have read on here but I at least wanted to share it.

When I was about five me, my brother, who was ten, and my mom lived in this two bedroom apartment. My brother and I shared a room. The room was fairly small and so my bed was up against one wall on the left side of the room away from the door and my brother's was on the right side of the room closest to the door.

We had book shelves at the foot of our beds with about two feet of space between the bed and the shelf. I had books and toys on the shelves and one of my dolls was sitting on the very top. It had blonde hair and blue eyes. I think it was the type of doll that once you set her back her eyes would close.

One night I was laying in bed and the doll jumped from the top shelf onto the foot of my bed. No window was open. No one else, but my bother and I were in the room. There was no earthquake and no explanation as to why it suddenly jumped off the shelf and was on my bed.

I whispered to my brother to see if he had seen it and he had. I don't remember what we did that night with the doll, but I do remember that the next day we took it next door to where our cousin lived. He lived in a two level house that had a balcony.

My brother and I told him our story. He was skeptical but understood that we were freaked out about it and so we threw the doll off of his balcony to, I don't know, kill it. We then went down to pick it up, it was face down. When we turned it over the three of us saw it wink at us. It actually winked, closed one eye with the other eye still open, and then opened its eye again to where both eyes were staring straight at us. It even had this wicked twist of a smile to its lips. We were so freaked out.

We then decided we had to get rid of the doll. About a block away there was this abandoned building that had a chain link fence around it. It was a small building and you could see the roof top.  We threw the doll onto the top of the roof and left.  A few days later we went back to see if the doll was still there and it wasn't. We were freaked.

Still to this day my brother, cousin and I will tell the story of the possessed doll. I truly believe in the paranormal.

Written by Jami Gartner, Copyright 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment