Saturday, February 9, 2008

Ghostly Phone Calls From Departed Friend

To let everyone know Roger Carbaugh was my best friend. Well anyways, I was in job corps in Denison, Iowa and everyone who goes there has to stay for two weeks before going home on a weekend pass.

It was Friday and I was going to leave because Roger had planned to pick me up. He was running late so I called him at his house and I asked when he was coming. He told me he was leaving in like 20 minutes so I said "alright I'll see you when you get here" then I hung up.

Less then two minutes later my aunt calls and tells me to sit down. Then she told me Roger had died last night and I told her there was no way because I just got finished talking to him.

Later the next day she and her husband came and picked me up. I thought they were just joking until I had talked to Roger's Pastor.

When I got back to job corps I was back for two months and than I get another phone call and it was Roger. He told me he was alright. Then I called Rogers pastor and told him what had happened. He thought someone I knew had prank called me from Roger's house, but his house had nothing in it.

The pastor had the police go see if anyone had broken into his house. All the doors were locked and there was Roger's old chair in the back room with the phone there. The police said someone had to be playing a prank on me, but the time of the call was when Roger's Sister went to go get the rest of Roger's Stuff out. She said she threw the chair and phone a way like three weeks before the phone call.

This was the freakiest thing that ever happened to me

Sent in by David Ward, Copyright 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment