Friday, February 22, 2008

A Ghost Set Fire To Our House

When I was about five years old I was up in the attic with my brothers playing a board game when the downstairs of our house was caught on fire.

Before all of that happened there were sounds of moaning up and down the stairs late at night. I heard strange noises at all hours. I had woke up one night and there was, what appeared to be, a strange man standing over my bed.

We had done some work on the house a few days before the fire. My mom wasn't home so it was just me and my brothers. We were playing the game Trouble and I started smelling something odd. I was like, is anybody smoking or something? And my brothers looked at me like Are you crazy?

Then they started smelling it too. They went into panic mode and rushed out of the attic to find out what the smell was. As soon as they stepped out of the attic door they were back in the attic scared out of their minds. I was frightened.

They finally said we need to get out of here fast. They grabbed my hand and we walked to the window. Our next door neighbor was out there with a ladder when we opened the window. My brothers handed me to him and they climbed down themselves.

It was found later on that the cause of the fire was the oven. The pilot was blown out and somehow a match set off the gas. Keep in mind we were all in the attic and my mom was at work. No one could have set that fire. There is one of my ghost stories I hope you all liked it.

Sent in by Kelli, Copyright 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment