Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Alien Buddy

I was young when I lived on Concordia. We lived on a kiddy corner house. It was old and rotting away, strange noises could be heard from the basement and attic. This house had a terrible entity to it. One that could not be controlled.

I slept upstairs, on the third floor. I had an imaginary "Stuffed" Friend. He was an Alien named Alien Buddy. I loved him and would play with him and talk to him like he was a real person. In fact, I still do today! Of course, back then, on that foreboding kiddy corner house located on Concordia avenue, he was alive. Or so my parents thought. It all started one night, me fast asleep, covered by a warm comforter, my parents down in the living room hanging out. My mom decided she was tired and climbed up the stairway to her room, she had to pass my room. Alien buddy was in a toy box I kept safe in my closet, until mom passed my room. There was alien buddy, on my floor, watching as mom went to her bedroom. Dad followed her and Alien Buddy kept glaring at them with two felt black eyes shaped like walnuts. A devious string smile was under the eyes. Mom would look once at Alien Buddy, then burst into full speed to the end of the hallway, where their bedroom was located. "I swear that thing is possessed". She would say, a frightened gleam in her eyes. This happened every night, according to her and dad.

We threw him in the attic, I begged mom and dad not to, but they wouldn't listen. I still spoke to him through the ceiling. Alien Buddy still carries that Foreboding feeling of the Concordia house with him, but I pay no attention to him. Sometimes, I talk to him, and he answers back.

Sent in by Celestine Navarre, Copyright 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment