Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Tapping of the Cane

About two to three years ago, I was sitting in my room and was reading a book. My mom was in the her room, which wasn't very far from mine. All of a sudden I heard a tapping noise like a cane hitting the floor above me. The thing is that we don't have an attic. I called my mom in and when she got there it stopped. I told her to wait but it never started. She left and the tapping began again only a little louder. Again I called her and again it stopped. She left and it started a third time. When she came again and left, it never started again. I told my family and they said it was a squirrel but I say no. Then I learned that an old lady used to live in the house and that she had a cane! This happened a couple of years after the house fire.

Also when I go in the basement, I always get a funny feeling like someone is watching me. I know that an old man lived here and that his workshop was in the basement. The basement is the only original part of the house left. It was smoke damaged. He actually built all the furnishings in the house.

Sent in by Michelle, Copyright 2009 OurGhostStories.com

1 comment:

  1. Cool, it reminds me of something from Edgar Allan Poe

    ReplyDelete