Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Belvidere House

It was early February when we moved into the Belvidere house. All at once I felt a bad feeling from it. The first night I slept with my covers over my head, cowering and praying to the goddesses that the spirits would not hurt me. A lucky night, I was not harmed, but evil was to come.

A couple months later, at night, I was falling asleep when I heard Scratching coming from my door. I screamed like I was dying and dad came rushing into my room. "What's wrong, are you hurt?" He asked fearfully. "N-no, The door" I stammered, pointing to where the scratching was coming from.

Dad looked at the door, then back at me. "What about the door?" he asked, confused. "Scratching noises were coming from the door". I muttered, getting out of my bed shakily. Dad looked back at the door, and I looked to. "Like what kind of scratching" asked dad. I tried to mimic the scratching, but I couldn't. I have three cats, and none of them were in my room at the time. "It was like, long scratching noises coming from the door itself". I said, recovering from my fear. "Maybe it was a cat" dad said. "None of the cats are here, dad". I replied. "The scratching sounded like a clawed creature was doing it, the cats would brake their claws if they scratched on the door!" I said, looking at dad.

Dad knew I was frightened from the look in my eyes. "We'll try to find something tomorrow" he assured me. "Can I sleep with you tonight?". I asked, going to my bed and grabbing my things. "Sure" dad said.
This is not the only experience I've had. There have been loud tapping noises in response to a cup being set down. My parents have each had personal experiences to. Please help and tell me what this is, I'm still frightened for life now!

Sent in by Celestine Navarre

No comments:

Post a Comment